9 Apr: "San Marcos" by Monica McClure


Since I stopped the flow
Of primordial ciswhite straight men
Whom I heedlessly collect
And from whom the spring feeds
Without reason I have been
Shopping so much more
Than suits a prophet in the forest.

A man said he felt like an awful cad
But an admission as such
Does not irrigate a dry spell
Once it’s surpassed the length
Of a petty offense record
Because the body’s memory is not so
Mutated by language
And there’s very little pleasure in force
When the subject is inertia.

I used to leave as soon as
The mysterious chemistry worked out
Now I am both the one who leaves
And the one who stays
Eco­-novelty is rare and common
And each design reforms
The future and the last.

1 comment:

  1. I like the science terms, "And there’s very little pleasure in force/When the subject is inertia." The 2nd law of motion. It's not right, and it's progressing slowly. But the patriarchal motion has a lot of force and cannot be stopped easily.

    ReplyDelete