9 Oct 2018: “Destined for Dissatisfaction” by Jimmy Nameles

Welcome, I hate my job,
Almost every aspect of it.

I was more qualified for this job in high school.
Then i might have overlooked the busy work.
Like today when I have to greet people off the ferry because
No one called in sick with it being a holiday
(Double double pay y’all).
I might have bought in on our mission and goal.
I might have believed we are trying to
Preserve blah blah blah for this and future generations.

Is the largest cost of education (real education that is)
To be Socrates dissatisfied?
Would the life of a pig or fool
Be more fulfilling?

Probably and probably.

I write this poem shitting on the job.
It is by far the most meaningful
Thing I'll do at work today.

My shit and poem in perfect time for lunch.
Have a nice day!




1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of your PC blog!!! In the moment, in your face, punctuation errors...no hesitation. IS THIS TRUE?! The cool and collected- "peace and do good things" Jimbo- I love how my mind went here- not being able to picture you in this mindset and then I realized they are all just thoughts. Questions. Observations. Impenetrable- the truth we tell ourselves. Our "daily-life".

    ReplyDelete